marți, 23 decembrie 2014

My very early Xmas present : Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 The Starlet - review and swatches

Today I have a very special treat for you : a high-end palette from Marc Jacobs : The Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 palette in The Starlet . For over half a year since I had seen this palette shown in one of my favourite Youtubers Tarababyz , I had wanted it badly. So badly that I searched for reviews and Youtube videos daily. Yes I had it bad!! The colours seemed so different and interesting that it was my favourite of all Marc Jacobs palettes, even over The Lolita - the ever favourite of all neutrals lovers!

So when I had the opportunity to travel to Italy in a project, this palette was on the very top of my long, long list of thigs to buy. Of course I raided continuously the Sephora.it and its shops in Rome where I was going to arrive during my trip. And yes I had searched through around three or four Sephora shops until I finally!!!! found it, the last one in the shop!! And YES!! it was mine!!!!! I felt sooo happy!!
It comes in a very elegant black package and inside it has a black pouch in which it sits. (it also has an little sponge applicator). The palette is very elegant, black, shiny (yes it is easy to fill it with fingertips) and very slim (another bonus - very travel friendly). It has a very high-end and sophisticated feel to it. It opens easily if you press the little silver button.
There are 7 eye shadows which unfortunately are not named, in total 7.0 grams/0.24 oz. of product. It has a valability of 12 months.
   
The colours of this palette are very special. The are all shimmery or with a metallic finish - very suitable for party looks (if you are a matte shadow lover try the other palettes, they partially have them).

The texture of the shadows is extremely buttery and creamy unlike anything I have ever tried, they simply glide onto the skin, they are powdery and very fine. They are long-lasting with primer on, my eyelids are very oily and hooded so it's a must! I cannot tell you if they last without a base but I presume they do at this price point. They are easy to apply and they blend like a dream. I simply adore them!

But let me show you the colours to see for yourself how wonderful they really are :
in natural light
in natural light

in natural light




And yes! Today I debut onto my Youtube channel with the moving swatches for this palette. The photos simply fail to capture the entire beauty of these eye shadows. I hope that the moving swatches will!

And again in the sunlight in all their glory :
in sunlight
in sunlight
in sunlight
The palette can be found in Sephora but not in Romania, I bought it from Sephora Italy (and there, the availability depended on each shop) at the price of 54 euros. Yes very pricey for 7 eye shadows!! But I really wanted it and I tought I would treat myself! I really work hard and I deserve it!

All in all, Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 The Starlet is a very good quality palette, a high-end one with a price to measure. If you are a make-up lover, willing to splash some money and spoil yourself with a beautiful palette it is worth checking out!

2 comments:

  1. How i do remember our italian rides in search 4 the precious sephoras :)). Nice presentation...even better the products..like nothing else i tried before

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Thank you my dear, indeed we searched for it high and low..but it was definitely worth it!

    RăspundețiȘtergere

I would love to hear from you