luni, 20 octombrie 2014

Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo - review

I have a very difficult hair : extremely oily, very flat with no volume at all, no hold and very breakable. So I'm always on a hunt for "the one", "the perfect" shampoo that can solve all my problems. Or at least the most important ones: the oiliness and the lack of volume.

I have been for many years a loyal customer for all the Elseve shampoos, conditioners and masks. They did their job well for the price but there was no wow factor or a miraculous solution for my hair.
But you know me: I want more! So I thought that maybe a higher-end shampoo could solve my problems. Better quality for a higher price, right? Well it didn't go like that. But let's start with the beginning.
........................
Moroccanoil - The story of the company began when one of the co-founders, Carmen Tal, was traveling in Israel. After a color service that left her hair badly damaged, a friend brought her to a salon where she experienced an astonishing oil treatment. The result was that her hair instantly transformed from damaged to shiny, smooth and manageable.

Inspired by the incredible results, Carmen set out to share this unique oil treatment and its benefits with women around the world. At the time, oil treatments were unconventional for hair but Carmen was undeterred by this obstacle. She and her husband teamed up with a group of visionaries to perfect this amazing formula. The result - they introduced Moroccanoil to the world.       source: moroccanoil.com
.......................
The Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner contain antioxidant argan oil and nutrients to cleanse, detangle and bring back body to hair. They beautify hair with shine, manageability and movement, while making it easier to style. The formulas are free of sulfates, phosphates and parabens, so they’re safer for the environment and won’t dry, fade or strip hair of color.

The shampoo comes in a 250ml/8.5 oz sturdy bottle. It comes with a very secure cap (very suitable for travel purposes).
To Use the Shampoo: Because Extra Volume Shampoo uses a highly concentrated, water-loving formula, begin by using plenty of water to activate the shampoo into a rich, luxurious lather. Add more water if necessary. Gently massage throughout hair and scalp to stimulate the volume-boosting properties. Repeat if needed. Rinse and follow with Extra Volume Conditioner.

To Use the Conditioner: Gently squeeze excess water from hair and apply a small amount of the highly concentrated conditioner from roots to ends. Leave in for 1–2 minutes. Rinse well.

I have followed the instructions and used the shampoo twice a week (my normal hair washing routine). It cleaned well and the smell is very pleasant.What I have noticed is that my hair became even greasier than ever and developed dandruff. I suppose the shampoo was too cleansing for my hair and it reacted in defense by producing even more oil. My oily hair and the shampoo simply didn't get along.

I have no doubt that it is a very good and efficient shampoo for others, but it simply didn't do anything for my hair, except making it worse. Of course by making it even more oilier, the volume was not existent (maybe a little bit in the first day of washing).

You can buy Morrocanoil products in the shops/salons that distribute or sell it at the price of 18.45 pounds/aprox. 121 ron.

For me the experience was not a happy one; I wouldn't buy it again. It is too pricey and the effect on my hair was worse than from any lower budget shampoos. So, from my point of view, the Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo gets the C grade (due to the increase in oiliness and the appearance of dandruff). Tell me Have you had any problems with a higher-end hair product? What is your experience? I would like to hear from you.
...............................
A dose of English:
wow factor - the distinctive appeal that an object, behavior or person has on others; an impressive display brought on by a certain object, behavior or person
undeterred - continuing to do something even though you are not successful or people do not support you
to detangle - to remove tangles, untangle
to tangle - to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts 
sturdy - robust 
dandruff -a seborrheic scurf that forms on the scalp and comes off in small scales.
scurf - the scales or small shreds of epidermis that are continually exfoliated from the skin
  


6 comments:

  1. i don't have oily hair, but i'd still try a Moroccanoil shampoo that suites my hair type.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Yes, I'm not giving up on them just yet: I wanna try a shampoo for oily hair if they have one, maybe it will be better. I have the Morrocanoil treatment - the oil - and I love it! So I'll kep on trying...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. well, hello there!

    look what a nice blog you have!

    have a great week :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Thank you very much! Keep on reading it if you liked it and spread the word :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. Sorry about your experience :( I'm currently using their treatment and I am pleased with the results, but I still think that the products are too expensive and you can get the same results with more budget-friendly ones.

    RăspundețiȘtergere

I would love to hear from you